What is DISC?
DISC is a simple yet very effective personality profiling tool which measures your behaviour and personal style.
A personal profile will allow you to understand your strengths and your weakness and to increase your understanding of yourself and others.
DISC is based on research that shows that behavioural characteristics can be grouped together into four main personality styles. Everyone has an element of each of these four styles in varying intensity, and people with similar profiles of these four styles tend to exhibit characteristics in common. The awareness you gain from DISC will help you to communicate better with others, to appreciate what is important to you and enable you to have a greater positive impact and influence in your life and your work.
The acronym DISC stands for the four personality styles:
D Drive, Dominance
I Influence, Interaction
S Steadiness, Support
C Compliance, Correctness
Your DISC personality profile will identify your intensity in each of these styles, and will show how this changes in different contexts, for example when you are at work, and how you respond when you are under pressure.
The profile is based on an online questionnaire which takes less than 10 minutes to complete and produces a 14 page written report containing your profile and descriptions of the behavioural characteristics this profile indicates.
A DISC profile helps you:
- Increase your self-knowledge on what motivates you, what causes you stress and how you solve problems amongst other things
- Learn how to adapt your own style to get along better with your kids, your partner, clients, colleagues, anyone in fact!
- Develop stronger sales skills by identifying and responding to customer styles
- Communicate more effectively with others by understanding the personality style, priorities, fears and motivators of others
- Appreciate the differences in people, gain credibility and positively influence others.
I was trained in DISC by Bev James who is an European Master Trainer for DISC personality profiling and best selling author of “Do it! or Ditch it”.
“DISC is a personality profiling technique that originated from the work of Dr William Marsden. Throughout my business career DISC has proved to be one of the most powerful assessment tools I have ever come across. It is simple to use and easy to understand. I use the principles in every aspect of my life to assist with decision-making team building and negotiation”
If you want to know more about DISC or you are an entrepreneur who wants to build your business I would highly recommend that you read “Do it! or Ditch it”